You are invited to participate in the 17th Saint Petersburg International Model United Nations Conference (24-27 March 2013) organized by Gymnasium 157 founded by Princess of Oldenburg in 1868 and located in the center of St.Petersburg. SPIMUN is one of the United Nations Models affiliated to The Hague International Model United Nations with the same rules of procedure. The conference is a three-day-long simulation of the work of the United Nations. The structure of SPIMUN includes the Security Council, the General Assembly (4 Committees), the ECOSOC and the Special Conference. SPIMUN is designed for high school students (14 - 19 years old).
The object of the conference is to seek through discussion, negotiation and debate solutions to the various problems of the world dealing with economic, social, environmental and cultural issues. The young delegates in seeking solutions to these problems can learn to break away from narrow national interests and to develop true international cooperation. At SPIMUN, students play the roles of diplomats and learn to negotiate and debate in the formal way of the UN. According to the rules, every delegation can represent any member-state of the UN, except their own one. Before the conference participants should research and prepare draft resolutions on the issues of the agenda (from the view of the country they represent). The official language of SPIMUN is English. Therefore, for learners of English as a foreign language a MUN conference gives the opportunity to improve their knowledge.
SPIMUN 2012 brought together about 400 delegates and teachers from Bahrain, Belarus, Cyprus, Egypt, Germany, India, Italy, Russia, UAE, the USA and Turkey.
Attendance at SPIMUN will mean much more than just doing another MUN. You will be able to discover the splendour of St.Petersburg, one of the world's most beautiful cities. Cultural program is organized by DMC "TSAR-events".
By December 15:
1) Register on SPIMUN site and fill in all information about your school and delegation
2) Choose your cultural program package and hotel on “TSAR-events DMC” site
3) Fill in Student Officer Application form (optional)
4) Transfer the Deposit of 400 EUR per person
By January 15:
5) Fill in the Delegates list (Form II)
6) Send to “TSAR-events DMC” the Information for Russian Visa Invitation (Visa support form)
By February 15:
7) Contact the Russian Consulate. Visa requirements is on http://tsar-events.ru/spimun/passport-and-visa-requirements/
8) Make the final payment
9) Inform Alexander Rodionov ( email@example.com ) about the dates & times of arrival/departure, flight number, airline, the airport of departure.
For all arrangements regarding conference participation, please contact Igor Persianov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For all arrangements regarding cultural program, accommodation, payments and visa support please contact Alexander Rodionov ( email@example.com )